Definition of copolymerize in English:
verb[with object] Chemistry
Polymerize together to form a copolymer: these fibres have small amounts of chloroethene copolymerized with the propenenitrile [no object]: two different monomers are caused to copolymerize
More example sentences
- We had noted the same effect in a previous study, where a modified Rh6G dye molecule was copolymerized with methacrylic monomers, resulting in a laser material with considerably augmented photostability.
- When copolymerized with butyl acrylate it makes an excellent interior flat paint.
- In this study, we show that TMR-actin perturbs the filaments structure when copolymerized with unlabeled actin; the resulting filaments are more fragile and shorter than the control filaments.
- Example sentences
- The covalent linkage of the chromophore by copolymerization with MMA does not significantly alter its photophysics.
- Although it is established that TMR-actin alone is polymerization incompetent, the impact of its copolymerization with unlabeled actin on filament structure and dynamics has not been tested yet.
- Emission spectra of TMR-actin-before and after its copolymerization with unlabeled actin-show ~ 50% fluorescence increase upon actin polymerization.
Definition of copolymerize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia