- A casserole of chicken pieces cooked in red wine.More example sentences
- At block parties we dined on coq au vin, wild mushroom ragout, and home-baked sourdough bread.
- Chef Jean Joho draws on his background in French casual food for a menu that includes coq au vin and cassoulet.
- It's a chicken stew that can stand on its own alongside other stewed chicken dishes, coq au vin and chicken cacciatore.
French, literally 'cock in wine'.
More definitions of coq au vinDefinition of coq au vin in:
- The US English dictionary