- The capacity of the muscles of the torso to assist in the maintenance of good posture, balance, etc., especially during movement: skating requires great core stability—strong abs, back, and hips for all of the one-legged movesMore example sentences
- My priority was reducing his weight, strengthening his core stability and making sure he remained supple.
- Like all Pilates sessions, the underlying emphasis is on core stability and fluid, functional strength.
- Over the last few years the importance of 'core stability' in athletic training and preparation has been increasingly recognized.
More definitions of core stabilityDefinition of core stability in:
- The US English dictionary