1A Eurasian flowering shrub or small tree of the dogwood family, cultivated as an ornamental.
- Cornus mas, family Cornaceae.
- They include the Barbados cherry, cornelian cherry (a dogwood), ground or winter cherry, and Surinam cherry.
- You'll notice indicators of this season, such as the blooming of cornelian cherry and sugar maple.
- Don't be discouraged if your cornelian cherry flowers without fruiting for a few years.
1.1The edible oval red berry of the cornelian cherry.
- We make fig syrup and preserves; we use pomegranates, figs, wild cornelian cherries, blackberries, and raspberries.
- Aunt told me how to make plum jam with cornelian cherry while visiting a little village bazaar at Yalova.
- Try our real wild strawberry preserves, frozen fruits, cornelian cherries, juices and concentrates, wild mushrooms, raspberries, blueberries, seed oils and butters, and a whole lot more.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cor|ne¦lian cherry
Definition of cornelian cherry in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.