Definition of coronet in English:
1A small or relatively simple crown, especially as worn by lesser royalty and peers or peeresses.
- Thus equipped, she was crowned, with all the trumpets sounding; and, though our account does not mention it, no doubt all the peers and peeresses put on their coronets at that moment.
- All of this was crowed with a delicate, simple gold coronet.
- Wearing a golden coronet as a Princess of the Blood Royal, she was present at the Coronation of her parents in Westminster Abbey in May, 1937.
- Example sentences
- He wept where he knelt, against the wall outside the throne room, the room he and Fallen had been coroneted in a thousand years earlier.
- He could only pray his sickness held out as he was coroneted.
- They've declared peace until their new king is coroneted.
Words that rhyme with coronetbaronet
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.