Definition of corporatism in English:
The control of a state or organization by large interest groups: fascism was the high point of corporatism
More example sentences
- In economic policies they would eventually adopt a platform of militant corporatism and economic nationalism.
- The new economy, the mantra went, would celebrate individuality, workplace democracy and creativity over the old economy mind-set that put a premium on the organisation man, corporatism and sheer size.
- She gets this so wrong it's not funny and I'm tempted to digress with some comments on the historical link between fascism and corporatism - but why bother.
- corporatistadjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Foster's speech, however, was the most nationalistic and corporatist of the group.
- These are the corporatists, and they exist in the media, think tanks, political parties, governments and lobby groups.
- While others have held their nose and gone to the bank on the book sales, the lines between literature and corporatist consumerism seem to blur what is truly artistic licence and what is merely an attempt to empty our wallets.
Definition of corporatism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.