noun (plural corpora cavernosa /-sə/)Anatomy
- Either of two masses of erectile tissue forming the bulk of the penis and the clitoris.More example sentences
- Sildenafil, the first oral drug marketed for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, relaxes smooth muscle in the corpora cavernosa, enabling erection during arousal.
- Eleven patients had an accessory vessel in the corpus cavernosum arising from the dorsal penile artery.
- However, at this point in time robust registration of fast and small changes in the corpus cavernosum smooth muscle action potential is not possible.
from corpus and Latin cavernosum, neuter of cavernosus 'containing hollows'.
More definitions of corpus cavernosumDefinition of corpus cavernosum in:
- The US English dictionary