- A woman who makes or fits corsets.More example sentences
- During the late 1880s she made repeated visits to corsetières, corset wholesalers and dress stores; she talked to any tight-lacer she encountered.
- Here, within the space bounded by a few city blocks, are quartered the world's most renowned masters of the art of costume, the most exclusive perfumers, the most modish corsetières and the most expert lingères.
- Originally, there were 47 leaseholders, six of whom were ‘industrious females’ but, in accordance with the rules of the day, even the male milliners and corsetières were addressed as ‘Madame’.
mid 19th century: French, feminine of corsetier, from corset (see corset).
More definitions of corsetièreDefinition of corsetière in:
- The US English dictionary