Having a cortex, bark, or rind.
- Bony erosion occurs in chronic cases and tends to be periarticular, well corticated and have a thin overhanging edge.
- In the oblique foot view in image 49, it appears more corticated than the original lateral view.
- The main axis is polysiphonous and corticate with simple monosiphonous lateral branches arranged spirally around the main axes.
- Example sentences
- Care should be taken to check for cortication.
- This is due to a special pattern of cortication found in Ceramium and related genera.
- On casual observation may not obviously be a Polysiphonia species due to cortication masking the siphons from view.
Mid 19th century: from Latin corticatus, from cortex, cortic- 'bark'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cor¦ti|cate
Definition of corticate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.