noun (plural corynebacteria /-rɪə/)
- A bacterium which sometimes causes disease in humans and other animals, including diphtheria.
More example sentences
- Genus Corynebacterium; Gram-positive non-motile club-shaped rods
- Other organisms cultured in these various studies have included a few of highly questionable pathogenicity, such as corynebacteria.
- Overgrowth of normal skin flora, including corynebacterium, occur frequently.
- The process of the present invention comprises the steps of subjecting delipidated bacterial residues of corynebacteria cells to a mild extraction and isolating the thus-obtained watersoluble extract.
modern Latin, from Greek korunē 'club' + bacterium.
More definitions of corynebacteriumDefinition of corynebacterium in:
- The US English dictionary