(also cos lettuce)
A lettuce of a variety with crisp narrow leaves that form a tall head.
- To start I had the Greek salad of cos and oak leaf lettuce, red and yellow peppers, paper thin red onion slices, creamy feta cheese and a herb and mustard vinaigrette.
- These cabbages have more than one shape, for example long and narrow like a cos lettuce, or less long and barrel shaped in profile.
- Lettuces fall into three basic categories - cos, crisp head and loose leaf types.
Late 17th century: named after the Aegean island of Cos, where it originated.
Words that rhyme with cosacross, boss, Bros, cross, crosse, doss, dross, emboss, en brosse, floss, fosse, gloss, Goss, joss, Kos, lacrosse, loss, moss, MS-DOS, Ross • because, Boz, Oz, Ros, Roz, schnozz, was
Because. See also coz1, cuz1. I got quite upset, cos I 'd worked so hard
More example sentences
- I'm not sure why I've never called her by name coz it's not like she'd mind.
- It's such a shame coz everything else I'm wearing is actually quite nice.
- Take a look now, coz I'll probably have given it up by the end of the week.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.