noun (plural same)
- A thin fruit or vegetable puree, used as a sauce: spoon a little more cranberry coulis over the orangesMore example sentences
- For the berry coulis: Puree the fruit with the sorbet syrup, strain and chill.
- Spoon some muscatel sauce and passion fruit coulis around the dish and garnish with sweet potatoes and parsley.
- Spoon a portion of the orange passion fruit coulis around the cheesecake.
French, from couler 'to flow'.
More definitions of coulisDefinition of coulis in:
- The US English dictionary