- When papers were served on the council, officials took steps to find a place for the boy.
- A report was given on the council meeting which was attended by two members of the guild.
- She is scheduled to formally open the advisory council's standing committee meeting on Thursday.
- Local government consists of elected county and municipal councils.
- City and district councils are at the forefront of dog control.
- Mayors and municipal councils are elected directly by the local community.
- She would like to speak to any youngster, whether living at home, in private rent or council accommodation.
- Without the alternative of new council housing for rent, record numbers are now homeless and in temporary flats and slum hotels.
- It does indeed have an excellent record for providing council housing services.
- Before deciding to accept, he conferred with his synod council.
- So it seems the plenary council and synod proposals have been put on a back burner.
- Synod councils can send recommendations to the Church Council before its April meeting.
- She has no business in a family council only open to family members.
- Call a family council at some other time to work out such problems.
- Ordinarily, a family council is based on principles and processes set out in a family charter but this is not always the case.
Old English (in the sense 'ecclesiastical assembly'): from Anglo-Norman French cuncile, from Latin concilium 'convocation, assembly', from con- 'together' + calare 'summon'. Compare with counsel.
Words that rhyme with councilcounsel, groundsel
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: coun|cil
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.