- A very long way: he hit the ball a country mileMore example sentences
- Sure, he hits the ball a country mile, he hits more greens than anyone else, has a short game to kill for, and putts beautifully.
- ‘Firstly, I want to get a few more wins under my belt and reduce my handicap from five to scratch,’ said the powerful six-footer, who can hit a ball the proverbial country mile.
- Today's equipment, which includes drivers that can propel ultra-aerodynamic balls a country mile, adds some weight to that assumption.
More definitions of country mileDefinition of country mile in:
- The US English dictionary