- A form of popular music originating in the rural southern US. It is a mixture of ballads and dance tunes played characteristically on fiddle, banjo, guitar, and pedal steel guitar. Also called country and western.More example sentences
- This is gleefully subversive country music for people who think they hate country music.
- I have to say that I don't think that Irish country music needs any re-igniting at the moment.
- This was a reminder of what country music should be: something primal.
More definitions of country musicDefinition of country music in:
- The US English dictionary