- The immature fruit of a vegetable marrow, in particular one of a variety developed for harvesting and eating at an early stage of growth: [mass noun]: slices of courgette Called zucchini in North America.More example sentences
- It did look quite appetising - a mountain of rice with fresh vegetables, courgettes, peppers, onions and peas, blended together by a tomato sauce.
- Otherwise known as bell peppers, capsicum and pimento, sweet peppers are natural partners to Provençal vegetables such as courgettes, aubergine and tomatoes.
- The sauce can also be served on top of baked potatoes, hot pasta or vegetables such as courgettes or green beans.
1930s: from French, diminutive of courge 'gourd', from Latin cucurbita.
More definitions of courgetteDefinition of courgette in:
- The US English dictionary