Definition of courthouse in English:
1A building in which a judicial court is held.
- Yet clause 206 recognises that the Government is prepared to give those coercive powers to the private sector to transport prisoners between courthouses and prisons.
- We saw him walk into the courthouse with his attorney there, not his wife.
- Further, these firms all need continuous interaction with law firms, which tend to cluster near government buildings such as courthouses.
2US A building containing the administrative offices of a county.
- This past week I walked past the county courthouse every day on my way home from work.
- The navigable scenes were then saved to a CD that is now stored at the county courthouse.
- Of course, such records are ostensibly public and have long been available for perusal at courthouses and other offices.
Definition of courthouse in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.