- 1(Of a person) warm and friendly.More example sentences
- It's certainly a different take on these couthie characters who are rooted in the past.
- But, all things being equal, there are many Scots she has now met, representing the couthie, cheerful face of modern Scotland, whom she wouldn't mind introducing to Washington.
- The night was wearing on and the nation's most powerful politicians and their supporters were chewing on cigars, sipping brandy and enjoying a stream of couthy jokes.
- 1.1(Of a place) cosy and comfortable: a couthy wee tavernMore example sentences
- His party was held at a large but couthy city centre hotel in Stirling.