- A blue mineral consisting of copper sulphide, typically occurring as a coating on other copper minerals.More example sentences
- Generally associated minerals included other silver amalgams, covellite, and pyrite.
- Outstanding in the display is a dark blue covellite group as well as plates of quartz.
- Good crystals of covellite have not been reported from the District.
mid 19th century: named after Nicolò Covelli (1790–1829), Italian chemist, + -ite1.
More definitions of covelliteDefinition of covellite in:
- The US English dictionary