A dull grey or brown shark that lives mainly in deep water, especially in the North Atlantic and Mediterranean.
- Hexanchus griseus, family Hexanchidae
More example sentences
- Gido tossed a fresh piece of cow shark on the bait line about thirty feet off the stern of the boat.
- Members of this family are commonly referred to as cow sharks and are among the most primitive sharks.
- In the end we saw 5 different cow shark including a very large female of about 2,8 meters.
Definition of cow shark in:
- The US English dictionary