Definition of cow town in English:
1A town or city in a cattle-raising area of western North America.
- Asheville in fact became a leading cow town long before that distinction befell Dodge City or Abilene.
- Livingston is attached to its past as an old cow town where you could walk down the street and greet your neighbors.
- If only it could talk, it looks as if it could tell tales of cattle drives, cow towns, campfires, shootouts - and gullible gunwriters.
1.1A small, isolated, or unsophisticated town.
- I've traveled by modem vehicle from south Texas to the Kansas cow town of Dodge City.
- At 18, she plunked down the money she'd been saving for years to buy a train ticket to Manhattan and leave her cow town behind.
- ‘I got off a tour bus when Denver was a sleepy cow town,’ he recalls.
Definition of cow town in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan