Definition of cowberry in English:
noun (plural cowberries)
1A low-growing evergreen dwarf shrub of the heather family, which bears dark red berries and grows in northern upland habitats. See also lingonberry.
- Vaccinium vitis-idaea, family Ericaceae
- Pines, birches and juniper grow in luxuriant profusion on a valley floor lush in bilberry, cowberry and heather.
- There's the forest of cowberries, or the forest where the elk roams, or the timber forest.
- Perspective hybrids of cowberries and blueberries have been selected and propagated.
1.1The edible acid berry of the cowberry plant.
- At the moment new studies are undertaken to verify the effect of cowberries on the coronary vessels.
- Besides the fish, cowberries and tea there was nothing more in our house at that moment.
- I usually serve round steak of kid goat with boiled potatoes, salad and cowberry sauce, often with sauce too.
Definition of cowberry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan