noun (plural cowberries)
- 1A low-growing evergreen dwarf shrub of the heather family, which bears dark red berries and grows in northern upland habitats. See also lingonberry.
More example sentences
- Vaccinium vitis-idaea, family Ericaceae
- Pines, birches and juniper grow in luxuriant profusion on a valley floor lush in bilberry, cowberry and heather.
- There's the forest of cowberries, or the forest where the elk roams, or the timber forest.
- Perspective hybrids of cowberries and blueberries have been selected and propagated.
- 1.1The edible acid berry of the cowberry plant.More example sentences
- At the moment new studies are undertaken to verify the effect of cowberries on the coronary vessels.
- Besides the fish, cowberries and tea there was nothing more in our house at that moment.
- I usually serve round steak of kid goat with boiled potatoes, salad and cowberry sauce, often with sauce too.
More definitions of cowberryDefinition of cowberry in:
- The US English dictionary