Definition of cowpea in English:
1A plant of the pea family native to the Old World tropics, cultivated for its edible pods and seeds.
- Vigna unguiculata, family Leguminosae
- Other crop plants like peppers, cowpeas, clovers, legumes, and many others will be studied in the future.
- Sorghum, millet, maize, cowpeas, and black-eyed peas are the main subsistence crops.
- They planted two legume cover crops - Lana vetch and Clay Iron cowpeas.
1.1The seed of the cowpea as food.
- Traditional rural staples are sweet potatoes, manioc, yams, corn, rice, pigeon peas, cowpeas, bread, and coffee.
- Other crops include peanuts, beans, squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, bananas, and cowpeas.
- Other crops are sunhemp, cowpeas and pigeon peas.
Words that rhyme with cowpeaphotocopy
Definition of cowpea in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan