Entry from US English dictionary
1A type of popular music combining elements of country and western with those of punk rock.
- In between, there's plenty of swaggering and stomping about, with big-reverb cowpunk.
- This collective of Montrealers seem to be hopped up on Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, and the cowpunk of Blood on the Saddle.
- Turns out they have live music several nights a week - mostly cowpunk.
1.1A singer or musician who performs cowpunk: she burst on to the scene as a cowpunk
More example sentences
- Dwight was once a cowpunk, but he's become a classic.
- U.K. cowpunks the Mekons are still at it after some two decades.
- The psychedelic cowpunks in the band claim that their suburban bubble insulated them from the comparisons that get thrown their way.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.