adjective (coyer, coyest)
1(Especially with reference to a woman) making a pretence of shyness or modesty which is intended to be alluring: she treated him to a coy smile of invitation
More example sentences
- True, she's as coy and feminine as she wants to be.
- We've flirted at balls, and she was as coy as a twenty-four year-old!
- She's coy enough to curdle butter, looking up at him from under her lashes.
- Example sentences
- He would smile coyly, his face lit with emotion.
- That is very kind and I'm not being coyly modest when I say that I'm not worthy.
- She coyly said this album was dedicated to her husband, Clemens.