A slender grey Antarctic seal which lives on the pack ice, feeding mainly on krill.
- Lobodon carcinophagus, family Phocidae
More example sentences
- A school of crabeater seals surfs the turquoise surge around the base of a grounded iceberg.
- After the summer moult, the crabeater seal is dark brown dorsally and grades to blonde ventrally.
- Waterproof hair and insulating fat, called blubber, help crabeater seals stay warm in the frigid waters.
Definition of crabeater seal in:
- The US English dictionary