noun (plural craniopagi /-gʌɪ/)[usually as modifier]
- A pair of conjoined twins attached at the head.More example sentences
- However, this is the first time surgeons have tried to separate adult craniopagus twins.
- Carson was the primary neurosurgeon that successfully separated seven-month-old German craniopagus twin boys.
- Manar was born with a rare condition known as craniopagus parasiticus, which occurs when an embryo begins to split into identical twins but fails to complete the process.
late 19th century: from cranio- + Greek 'that which is fixed'.
More definitions of craniopagusDefinition of craniopagus in:
- The US English dictionary