1.1 informal A risky or uncertain matter: skiing here can be a bit of a crapshoot at any time
More example sentences
- It's all a crapshoot, and no matter what, predictions come out looking forced.
- I've been doing it long enough to know that it's a bit of a crapshoot… you can't take it too seriously.
- The Contemporary World Cinema category is generally a catch-all and a crapshoot.
- Example sentences
- Similarly, some crapshooters claim to have such accurate throwing arms that they can use ‘precision shooting ‘to impact the results, even though the dice must hit the back wall and its array of rubber pyramids.’
- It is an often used ‘secret’ of professional crapshooters, but is relatively easy to accomplish - if you know how.
- This method is being used by many experienced crapshooters to maximize their winnings and minimize the house's edge.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: crap|shoot
Definition of crapshoot in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.