Definition of creel in English:
1A large wicker basket for holding fish.
- Most of the larger boats use single trawls while the smaller inshore vessels often fish by dropping creels in what supporters describe as a truly sustainable fishery.
- I slipped the kokanee into a plastic bag, wishing that I hadn't lost the old wicker creel that was companion to Grandfather's cane fly rod, and our last fishing trip was over.
- Planting those in my dear hubby's fishing creel will be a piece of cake.
1.1An angler’s fishing basket.
- While prowling around in our cluttered attic, this fanciful fishing creel my hubby never uses anymore caught my eye.
- A word about those creels: Successful anglers really do keep their catch here; fishing is so carefully restricted that there's no need for rigid catch-and-release regulations.
- All turf was brought home with horse car and creel.
Definition of creel in:
- US English dictionary