Definition of crepuscular in English:
1Resembling or relating to twilight.
- It's a well-worn dichotomy, but the song's gently strummed guitar and the high, wending melody that draws nearer, moving like mysterious lights in the crepuscular sky, invest it with new promise.
- Deskbound in the yellow room during the crepuscular hour, I'm typing scientific syntax, window flung open.
- It felt good to stretch my legs walking up the hill and the flowers were glorious in the crepuscular light.
1.1 Zoology (Of an animal) appearing or active in twilight.
- Red foxes are terrestrial and either nocturnal or crepuscular.
- Thus it may normally be crepuscular or nocturnal in its feeding and swimming behavior.
- Most communication systems in luminescent fireflies have been studied in nocturnal species; little is known concerning communication in crepuscular and diurnal species.
Words that rhyme with crepuscularmajuscular, minuscular, muscular
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan