- A heavy cotton fabric, typically with a floral pattern printed on one or both sides, used for upholstery.More example sentences
- It was furnished like the maid's rooms and the bed here was of painted iron with a cretonne bedspread.
- The outer cover has a top of floral and striped cretonne and a backing of faded pink cotton.
- But the cretonnes and tapestries of Merton are coarse and almost clumsy compared with these exquisite stuffs.
late 19th century: from French, of unknown origin.
More definitions of cretonneDefinition of cretonne in:
- The US English dictionary