1A close-fitting round neckline on a sweater or T-shirt: [as modifier]: a crew-neck sweater
More example sentences
- I was wearing a cosy crew-neck sweater and jeans.
- It's him on a hill, having a picnic with his wife, who is in a crew-neck orange sweater with white collar peeking out, and his children, who are in penny loafers.
- Julien [an owner] lets me wear my crew-neck sweater, not like at some of the private clubs where you must wear a jacket and tie and women can't wear open-toed shoes.
1.1A sweater with a crew neck.
- Their quality grey, yellow and orange cashmere crew necks are clearly being marketed as an introduction to the label.
- Big loose weave knits, crew necks, roll necks, zip fronted or even a cardigan.
- Why is the Sailor in the picture wearing a black crew neck?
- Example sentences
- These garments can be scoop-necked, crew-necked, or turtle-necked with zippers or snaps on the rear.
- You order the team tee shirt, crew-necked sweatshirt, hooded sweatshirt, golf shirt, and baseball hat for yourself.
- Over a dark, crew-necked top, he is sporting a well-cut suit with an expensive sheen.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: crew neck
Definition of crew neck in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.