- The temperature of a gas in its critical state, above which it cannot be liquefied by pressure alone.More example sentences
- Replacing the water with alcohol and evaporating the alcohol above its critical temperature results in a silica aerogel, in which the original arrangement of silica particles is retained.
- Some authors use the term ‘fluids' for common gases and liquids; others restrict the noun ‘fluid’ to volatile substances at temperatures above their critical temperatures.
- At some critical temperatures, nuclear fusion will begin to occur.
More definitions of critical temperatureDefinition of critical temperature in:
- The US English dictionary