adjective (croakier, croakiest)
(Of a person’s voice) deep and hoarse.
More example sentences
- My voice was croaky, slightly hoarse, but he heard it.
- Speaking in a croaky voice one student admitted, ‘we've all be drinking too much, staying up too late and eating rubbish.’
- Finally, there was the day in 2002 when he heard a croaky voice behind him: ‘Keep a straight line, sonny!’
- More example sentences
- ‘Amber,’ he whispered croakily,’ What do you want for your birthday?’
- Long called out croakily, his voice hoarse and rough.
- ‘I told you my game never failed,’ she said croakily.
Definition of croaky in:
- The US English dictionary