- An ugly old woman.More example sentences
- He is not the ideal spokesman to challenge a double standard that celebrates older fathers as randy old goats, but shudders at older mothers as unnatural crones.
- What's the difference between a crone, witch and hag again?
- Originally, witches were nasty old crones who made evil potions.
late Middle English: via Middle Dutch croonje, caroonje 'carcass, old ewe' from Old Northern French caroigne 'carrion, cantankerous woman' (see carrion).
More definitions of croneDefinition of crone in:
- The US English dictionary