The spraying of powdered insecticide or fertilizer on crops, especially from the air.
More example sentences
- According to Time magazine, this was all in response to the FBI finding instructional material on crop dusting in the apartment of one of the attackers.
- The profession of crop dusting often requires a pilot to be fairly mobile and migrate to where the work is.
- ‘In crop dusting, the farmers would buy and supply the actual chemicals,’ he says.
crop duster noun
- More example sentences
- A crop duster sweeps low over a field, aiding farmers in a battle against late season insects.
- All the crop duster does is act as an applicator of the chemicals.
- By the time he was 18, in 1973, he was working as a crop duster.
Definition of crop dusting in:
- The US English dictionary