- 1A point or place of crossing from one side to the other.More example sentences
- Since crossovers occurred on either side of each insertion site, interference may act across the insertion.
- There are three crossovers on the proximal side and five crossovers on the distal end.
- There is natural crossover between the skills used in political campaigns and those in mass marketing of commercial products.
- 2 [mass noun] The process of achieving success in a different field or style, especially in popular music: [as modifier]: a jazz-classical crossover albumMore example sentences
- Such artists achieved crossover success.
- I've done a lot of recording there the last couple of years, from show music to jazz to classical to crossover.
- It was the first black-owned record label to achieve this crossover success.
- 3 [as modifier] Relating to or denoting trials of medical treatment in which experimental subjects and control groups are exchanged after a set period: a crossover studyMore example sentences
- We performed a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled, crossover trial in seven healthy men aged 21 to 27.
- The study was a randomised double blind placebo controlled crossover trial.
- The study was a crossover intervention trial in which the manual and touch-free dispensers were used in 2 hospital units.
More definitions of crossoverDefinition of crossover in:
- The US English dictionary