- A beam or bar fixed or placed across something else: tall pillars of brick with wooden crosspiecesMore example sentences
- I clung to a crosspiece between two beams, to catch my breath.
- I cover bramble rows with a fine mesh net, placing stakes with T-shaped crosspieces every 6 feet to keep the mesh from getting entangled with the plants.
- Skittles come shaped like mushrooms or as small thin posts with metal crosspieces.
More definitions of crosspieceDefinition of crosspiece in:
- The US English dictionary