Definition of crotch in English:
1The part of the human body between the legs where they join the torso.
- Hip circumference was defined as the widest point, between the iliac crest and the crotch.
- He hung there, layered with ice as hailstones formed, a grey powdery coating rushing out of the mauve and grey mist, invading his ears and nostrils, feathering his eyebrows, freezing his crotch.
- I had worn lightweight jogging shorts and knew that on certain equipment, particularly upright bikes and straddled equipment, the crotch might be exposed.
1.1The part of a garment that passes between the legs.
- One way to solve your problem is to wear trousers that are longer from the crotch to the waistband.
- Trousers should be worn on your hips, preferably with a low-rise, which is a shorter distance between the top of the waistband and the crotch of your pants.
- The length from the crotch to the waistband is called the rise.
2A fork in a tree, road, or river.
- They typically nest in a horizontal fork or vertical crotch of a tree.
- Wild orchids and bromehads find homes in the crotches of many trees.
- The nest, a platform made from thin sticks, lined with bark and greenery, is typically placed at a major crotch in a tree, 25-50 feet off the ground.
Words that rhyme with crotchblotch, botch, notch, outwatch, scotch, splotch, swatch, topnotch, watch
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.