- Irritable: he was tired and crotchetyMore example sentences
- Papa has always been a crotchety, grouchy, grumpy yet extremely lovable old coot.
- Call me a crotchety curmudgeon, but I started on this book with two mental blocks.
- Now, at almost 60, she has grown into a crotchety, cantankerous old woman who, nonetheless, has a deeply sensitive underside and a great affection for the children she minds.
- More example sentences
- It's about orneriness and crotchetiness and the petty conservativism of people who regard themselves as guardians of some sort of literary establishment but haven't really got a very good eye for syntactic generalizations.
- After all, one has a well-honed reputation for crotchetiness and the other is a bit eccentric.
- He may be younger than these men, but he has the gait and crotchetiness of someone older.