- A white or colourless mineral consisting of a fluoride of sodium and aluminium. It is added to bauxite as a flux in aluminium smelting.More example sentences
- The deposit at the Eureka tunnel was mined for cryolite and thomsenolite, which were used as a flux in the manufacture of glass bottles.
- Hall found that aluminum oxide will melt at a much lower temperature if it is first mixed with a mineral known as cryolite.
- Fluorine never occurs as an element in nature, but is found in minerals such as fluorspar, fluorapatite, and cryolite.
More definitions of cryoliteDefinition of cryolite in:
- The US English dictionary