- An ancient measure of length, approximately equal to the length of a forearm. It was typically about 18 inches or 44 cm, though there was a long cubit of about 21 inches or 52 cm.More example sentences
- Tamil Brahman women wear a sari that is eighteen cubits long.
- The basic measuring instrument was the cubit rod, the cubit being the length of the pharaoh's arm from his elbow to the tip of his fingers.
- The room must be at least 4 cubits by 4 cubits.
Middle English: from Latin cubitum 'elbow, forearm, cubit'.
More definitions of cubitDefinition of cubit in:
- The US English dictionary