Definition of cubital in English:
1 Anatomy Of the forearm or the elbow: the cubital vein
More example sentences
- The cubital fossa (anterior surface of the elbow) was palpated and the median cubital vein was readily located, facilitated by the Sailor repeatedly making a fist.
- We took blood from the radial artery and the median cubital vein.
- The ulnar nerve passes medial to the olecranon process and behind the medial epicondyle in the cubital tunnel.
2 Entomology Of the cubitus.
- The possibility of a close relationship with the Sciaridae is raised by the extreme cubital displacement towards the base of the wing in the New Jersey amber genus Archimelzira.
- Hence, the basal displacement of the cubital veins of Archimelzira is convergent with Sciaridae and basal Cecidomyiidae like Catotricha Edwards, 1938.
late Middle English: from Latin cubitalis, from cubitus 'cubit'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan