- The practice of criticizing and subverting advertising and consumerism in the mass media, by methods such as producing advertisements parodying those of global brands.More example sentences
- With the ease of a talented DJ, he engages in a form of culture jamming that is at once global and highly personal.
- I dispute the whole notion of culture jamming personally.
- They make satirical subverts instead of adverts and have turned so-called culture jamming, or putting a spanner in the spokes of the mainstream media, into a fine art.
- More example sentences
- As a young musician growing up in London, he made the perilous leap from classical composer to jazz-inspired electronic music artist and is known to be a stalwart culture jammer and political activist.
- A well-known media activist, trouble maker, and culture jammer, he wants us to reclaim our cerebral commons, and rehabilitate our mental environment.
- His crusade to take on the powers of corporate media as a culture jammer has made him an inspirational figure to many in the anti-globalization movement.
1990s: coined by the US band Negativland.