Able to cure disease: the curative properties of herbs
More example sentences
- Most governments ban distributors from making any claims about disease prevention or curative properties.
- We included data on oesophageal and gastric operations for malignant and benign disease with palliative or curative intent.
- Posters portraying symptoms, preventive and curative aspects for diseases, tips for first aid and healthy diet also form part of the auditorium.
A curative medicine or agent.
- Since many of the men had been captured because they were too wounded or sick to escape, and since prison life offered no curatives for recovery, death was a daily occurrence in every Civil War prison.
- Many of the objects mentioned above have been credited with beneficial or medicinal properties, and prescribed in one form or another as curatives or aphrodisiacs.
- It governs the healing principle so it has signification over herbs that are all-round curatives, such as selfheal (prunella).
- Example sentences
- At present, there is some evidence that retinoid or high-dose vitamin A chemoprevention may reduce the recurrence rate and improve the disease-free interval in patients curatively resected for stage I lung cancer.
- We sprayed curatively and we were able to increase our spray intervals.
- ‘We combat many insect problems curatively with sprays, but the emerald ash borer is a completely different story,’ said Lang.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: cura|tive
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.