- A dessert or sweet sauce made with milk and eggs, or milk and a proprietary powder.More example sentences
- Rhubarb combines well with custard based desserts as well as a sauce or relish with rich meats and fish.
- In Britain they have often been used for flavouring custards and milk puddings.
- You can also infuse a pod in scalded cream or milk when making custard or ice-cream.
late Middle English crustarde, custarde (denoting an open pie containing meat or fruit in a spiced or sweetened sauce thickened with eggs), from Old French crouste (see crust).
More definitions of custardDefinition of custard in:
- The US English dictionary