- 1A person who buys goods or services from a shop or business: Mr Harrison was a regular customer at the Golden LionMore example sentences
- There are some welcome concessions over pay for our customer service colleagues.
- This service allows customers to book flights and hotel rooms in the same purchase.
- Employers can access funding to improve the customer service skills of their workers.
- 2 [with adjective] A person of a specified kind with whom one has to deal: he’s a tough customerMore example sentences
- Hasseck said one way of deciding how to deal with awkward customers was to work out what kind they were.
- The overseas customer to whom the goods are exported may or may not be a genuine purchaser of them.
- The boy's clearly a slippery customer by this point, but the worst was yet to come.