1Knives, forks, and spoons used for eating or serving food.
- The customers will be served Indian and Mughlai food in silver cutlery, which no other restaurant can boast of.
- Grandma brought a toaster, some plates, mugs, cutlery and food yesterday.
- They were at the same table, with the same food and cutlery.
1.1North American Cutting utensils, especially knives.
- She had already been into town that day to buy new cutlery and kitchen utensils.
- I arrange some serviettes on the table, along with some cutlery and utensils.
- Not for nothing is David Mellor one of the leading designers in this country who has consistently turned out beautiful cutlery and utensils.
Middle English: from Old French coutellerie, from coutelier (see cutler).
Definition of cutlery in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.