- A salt or ester of cyanic acid.More example sentences
- Makeup salt consists of a precise mixture of sodium and potassium cyanides that are oxidized by aeration to the mixed cyanate.
- Cytosine can be formed by reacting cyanoacetylene with cyanate, cyanogen or urea, and uracil can be produced by the hydrolysis of cytosine.
- When Wöhler accidentally found he had synthesized crystals of urea while evaporating a solution of ammonium cyanate, he was surprised that it was possible.
More definitions of cyanateDefinition of cyanate in:
- The US English dictionary