noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A colourless flammable liquid cycloalkane obtained from petroleum or by hydrogenating benzene, and used as a solvent and paint remover.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C6H12
- Catalytic hydrogenation adds six hydrogen atoms to produce cyclohexane, a colorless liquid with the properties of an alkane.
- Although AVB has been shown to be relatively photostable in the polar protic solvent isopropanol it was relatively photolabile in the nonpolar solvent cyclohexane.
- Chloroform was removed from measured amounts of C6PS, C6PG, and C6PC stocks using a stream of nitrogen, and the lipid samples were dissolved in cyclohexane and lyophilized overnight.
More definitions of cyclohexaneDefinition of cyclohexane in:
- The US English dictionary